.edu.eu zone operator desires to ensure the highest levels of security are applied and maintained for all elements in the chain that ultimately result in the resolution of a .edu.eu domains on the Internet.
zone operator, together with partners will endeavor to ensure the secure operation of Registry Services for .edu.eu as described below.
- DNSSEC: DNSSEC project facilities mirror the security and processes used by ICANN for maintenance of the root.
- Transfer of zone files from hidden Master DNS servers to global anycast DNS network using AXFER ⁄ IXFER and TSIG.
- Use of a double Anycast and Unicast network for the purpose of distributing signed zones across the DNS.
- Integrated with Anycast DNS network, arguably one of the largest, most geographically dispersed Anycast network.
- Utilization of best of class technology and rigorous security policies in place to secure, monitor and respond to threats that may compromise the resolution of the .edu.eu domains.
- Provisioning against DNS Denial of Service attacks.
- Severly restricted and regulated physical access to SRS operating hardware in datacenter.
- Monitoring of network traffic and activity through automated processes and seek to detect threats that impact the SRS Services.
- Independent Security Assessments.