In October 2021, after the successful completion of a call for tender process, the EC re-appointed EURid as the registry manager of the .eu TLD. Service concession contract has been signed and it will take effect on 13 October 2022. The contract is concluded for an initial period of 5 years and may be extended once for an additional period of maximum 5 years.
According to the contract, EURid shall continue to provide the services necessary for the proper and efficient functioning of the .eu TLD, in particular, but not limited to:
- operation and maintenance of the primary authoritative and secondary server for the .eu TLD;
- implementation of appropriate security measures to guarantee that the .eu TLD is available at all times and has a high level of data confidentiality, integrity and availability;
- maintenance of an accurate and up-to-date registration database for all .eu TLD registrations;
- maintenance of an accurate and up-to-date database of .eu TLD accredited registrars;
- promotion of the .eu TLD by maintaining a website with up-to-date policy and registration information, and through other awareness activities
The following changes are implemented in relation to the new contract
- An update of the Registrar Agreement
- An update of the ADR Rules
- The merger of the Terms and Conditions with the Registration Policy
All updated documents will be made available in due time.
Thursday, June 30, 2022