Enhanced Security Information about Security of .edu.eu domains
.edu.eu zone operator desires to ensure the highest levels of security are applied and maintained for all elements in the chain that ultimately result in the resolution of a .edu.eu domains on the Internet.
zone operator, together with partners will endeavor to ensure the secure operation of Registry Services for .edu.eu as described below.
- DNSSEC: DNSSEC project facilities mirror the security and processes used by ICANN for maintenance of the root.
- Transfer of zone files from hidden Master DNS servers to global anycast DNS network using AXFER ⁄ IXFER and TSIG.
- Use of a double Anycast and Unicast network for the purpose of distributing signed zones across the DNS.
- Integrated with Anycast DNS network, arguably one of the largest, most geographically dispersed Anycast network.
- Utilization of best of class technology and rigorous security policies in place to secure, monitor and respond to threats that may compromise the resolution of the .edu.eu domains.
- Provisioning against DNS Denial of Service attacks.
- Severly restricted and regulated physical access to SRS operating hardware in datacenter.
- Monitoring of network traffic and activity through automated processes and seek to detect threats that impact the SRS Services.
- Independent Security Assessments.